I used to have a link up that gave some awesome tips for the gamer's wife. Unfortunately that site is no longer viewable, so I've got to write up my own! These relate mostly to the wives whose husbands play WOW. Here are my top 5.
1. Understand that your husband's gaming is simply a hobby. As long as he's not neglecting his responsibilities at work and home, then relax and stop bugging him about playing. You might have your own ways to wind down - read, tv, cooking, scrapbooking. This is his.
2. Understand the lingo. Your husband is likely part of a guild, that is part of an alliance. He'll use words like lag, damage, leveling, boss, and raid. Learn what these mean!
3. Understand the time committment. If your husband says he is raiding tonight, know that this means he WILL have to be playing for a few hours in a row.
4. Don't disrupt your gamer if he says they are fighting a boss. He'll get mad if you do.
5. For the most part there is no pause button. This is not Super Mario Bros on the Nintendo. The game is live, so no, he can't just pause it. The sooner you come to understand this fact, the better.
Here are some links to other posts regarding how to live with your gamer:
(I'll add more soon, I promise!)
How to Manipulate a Gamer
Why gamers should pay attention to their wives
How to freak out a gamer's wife
What exactly is WOW (coming soon!)
De-coding Game Speak (coming soon!)